Paradise Fire Protection District (PFPD) complies with Federal civil rights laws and is committed to providing its programs, activities, and services without discrimination to all program beneficiaries in accordance with the following.
· Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination based on race, color, or national origin (including language).
· Section 504 of the Rehabilitation act of 1973, which prohibits discrimination based on disability.
· Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972, which prohibits discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities.
· Age Discrimination Act of 1975, which prohibits discrimination based on age.
· U.S. Department of Homeland Security regulation 6 C.F.R. Part 19, which prohibits discrimination based on religion in social service programs.
It is against the law for PFPD to retaliate against anyone who takes action to oppose discrimination, files a grievance, or participates in the investigation of a grievance in accordance with the above authorities.
PFPD on request can provide free aids and services, such as written information in a choice of formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats) to communicate effectively with persons with disabilities. PFPD can also, on request, provide free language services, such as information written in other languages to ensure meaningful access to persons with limited English proficiency.
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service, or activity of PFPD should contact our Coordinator, Captain R. Winterburn (805-390-7140) as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event.
Alternatively, requests for such services can be made by using our contact page via this website Paradisefire.net
or call. 760 387 2255.
Additional Information is available: www.dhs.gov/crcl
Phone 202-401-1471 Toll-Free 1-866-644-8360
If you believe that PFPD has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way based on race, color, national origin (including language), disability, sex, age, or religion, you can file a complaint by completing a complaint form, copies are available in person at the Paradise Firehouse, by US mail, or email with the following contact.
Mark Daniels. Battalion Chief.
5300 Old Sherwin Grade, Bishop CA 93514
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL)
Email. CRCLCompliance@hq.dhs.gov FAX 202-401-4708
Or US Mail. US Department of Homeland Security Office CRCL, Compliance Branch, Mail Stop #0190, Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., SE. Washington D.C. 20528
A copy of this document is posted at the Paradise Fire House in plain public view.
Paradise Fire Protection District.
5300 Old Sherwin Grade